Saturday 5 January 2013

Christmas Gift #2- Rosemary Shortbread

This is one of my savoury gifts in the Christmas hampers but in fact they have some sweetness from agave nectar and icing sugar. Rosemary must be one of my best-loved herbs (possibly even my number one) and coupled with me having a sweet tooth these turned out to be my favourite things in the gift. Now, "shortbread" might be a bit misleading- these turned out as soft, melt in the mouth biscuits rather than hard and crumbly but in my mind their texture was perfect! With the amount of butter and sugar in these they can't be very good for you but well worth it for a treat- and you can always treat yourself at Christmas.

The recipe I used can be found here from epicurious. I substituted the butter for vegan margarine and the honey for agave nectar. For those in the UK confectioner's sugar is icing sugar (that's what I used anyway!)

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment