Monday 7 January 2013

Christmas Gift #3- Fudge- Orange & Walnut and Rum & Candy Cane

I was actually looking for a fudge recipe for the type of caramel coloured vanilla fudge you think of when you first think of fudge but when I came across this recipe I had to try it and decided it would be perfect for the Christmas gifts.

The recipe is from Go Dairy Free and can be found here.

The changes I made were orange essence and crushed walnuts in the first flavour instead of vanilla and coconut. On top of the fudge I put one half of a walnut onto each piece that was going to be cut. For the second flavour it was rum flavouring with sprinkled crushed candy canes on top.

I thought the end result looked really impressive and the taste is just phenomenal. Very sweet but perfect for a Christmas indulgence!

Orange and Walnut Fudge

Rum and Candy Cane Fudge

No comments:

Post a Comment