Wednesday 9 January 2013

Christmas Gift #4- "Cheesy" Oatcakes

Well, it has now come to the last gift in my Christmas baskets. As the rosemary shortbreads were a little sweet I wanted to cook something very savoury. Oatcakes seemed a good choice but I wanted something a little different. Most recipes I looked at added things like cranberries which would make the oatcakes a bit sweet so didn't fit the bill. I decided to do "cheesy" ones as I am the only vegan in my family and cheese is almost always the thing that people say they would miss most when going vegan.

I took a plain oatcake recipe from delicious magazine website which you can find here. Other than swapping the butter for vegan margarine, the only change I made was to add 1/4 cup of nutritional yeast and then once I had cut out the oatcakes I grated a sprinkle of Cheezly Parmesan on the top of each one.

These were the perfect addition to my gift as they really brought a savoury touch to everything and was the first thing that people commented on with the cheesy flavour. These are really simple to make and I think make a classy present and a talking point for non vegans.


"Cheesy Oatcakes"

No comments:

Post a Comment